Conventions and shows are amazing! They are fun and interesting and it is a great way to meet new people and get your name out to the world. The task that most do not think about or consider is how much work goes into preparing for a show. There is an immense amount of work that has to be done in order to fill a table and put your best foot forward.
Going to a venue and showing off your work is an amazing feeling and the response is inspiring! Here is will share a sneak peak behind the curtain, some behind the scenes in prepping for a convention and creating art. This is the not so fun part before the booth is set up and ready to go.
A few things to keep in mind
- What do i want to show off or release - Center stage?
- Who is my audience and do i have the pieces to reach them?
- Am i bringing something for everyone and every price range?
- Is my setup interesting and engaging?
- Do i have the space both at the venue and in car to setup my idea?
Here are some packing and set up pics along the way. There is so much more work than having fun for the weekend.